Oct 4, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
Danny Briere won’t get much time to process the idea of facing his former team the Philadelphia Flyers. They stand as just his second opponent as a member of the Canadiens, as Philly is scheduled to visit Montreal on Saturday.
The 35-year-old didn’t act like it would be just another day at the office, as CSNPhilly.com reports.
“Facing guys I have been with a lot of years, the past few seasons, guys I had a chance to live with, it’s kind of a weird feeling,” Briere said. “You’re excited to see them, but it’s also weird to face them. We all know when the puck drops, it gets competitive. I know these guys are the same way. They’re not going to give me an inch out there.”
As you may remember from HBO’s 24/7 series, Briere actually housed players like Sean Couturier, so the mixed feelings shouldn’t be surprising.
On the bright side, it looks like Briere will get every chance to succeed in Montreal, so maybe he’ll get his first goal of 2013-14 against the Flyers?
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 18
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)