Oct 4, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
Danny Briere won’t get much time to process the idea of facing his former team the Philadelphia Flyers. They stand as just his second opponent as a member of the Canadiens, as Philly is scheduled to visit Montreal on Saturday.
The 35-year-old didn’t act like it would be just another day at the office, as CSNPhilly.com reports.
“Facing guys I have been with a lot of years, the past few seasons, guys I had a chance to live with, it’s kind of a weird feeling,” Briere said. “You’re excited to see them, but it’s also weird to face them. We all know when the puck drops, it gets competitive. I know these guys are the same way. They’re not going to give me an inch out there.”
As you may remember from HBO’s 24/7 series, Briere actually housed players like Sean Couturier, so the mixed feelings shouldn’t be surprising.
On the bright side, it looks like Briere will get every chance to succeed in Montreal, so maybe he’ll get his first goal of 2013-14 against the Flyers?
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 0
- Avs’ Parenteau (knee) likely out for remainder of regular season, playoffs unclear 0
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 14
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 17
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)