Oct 4, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
Danny Briere won’t get much time to process the idea of facing his former team the Philadelphia Flyers. They stand as just his second opponent as a member of the Canadiens, as Philly is scheduled to visit Montreal on Saturday.
The 35-year-old didn’t act like it would be just another day at the office, as CSNPhilly.com reports.
“Facing guys I have been with a lot of years, the past few seasons, guys I had a chance to live with, it’s kind of a weird feeling,” Briere said. “You’re excited to see them, but it’s also weird to face them. We all know when the puck drops, it gets competitive. I know these guys are the same way. They’re not going to give me an inch out there.”
As you may remember from HBO’s 24/7 series, Briere actually housed players like Sean Couturier, so the mixed feelings shouldn’t be surprising.
On the bright side, it looks like Briere will get every chance to succeed in Montreal, so maybe he’ll get his first goal of 2013-14 against the Flyers?
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)