Oct 4, 2013, 1:12 AM EST
It was a wildly quick start Thursday for the St. Louis Blues.
They jumped out to a 3-0 lead over the Nashville Predators before the game was even 10 minutes old, on their way to a 4-2 victory. There’s competition in the city of St. Louis right now.
“We’ve beat the [stuffing] out of each other for two, three weeks,” Blues’ captain David Backes told NHL.com.
“It’s nice to finally play for keeps and finally play against a different opponent. You get the rah-rah stuff in before, you’ve got a lot of adrenaline going.
“The [St. Louis Cardinals] scored nine today [in a 9-1 victory against the Pittsburgh Pirates in the National League Division Series]. We were trying to keep up but couldn’t do it.”
Prior to the game, Brett Hull, the Blues’ new executive vice-president, was had the duty of dropping the puck in the ceremonial faceoff.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 36
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)