Oct 4, 2013, 1:12 AM EDT
It was a wildly quick start Thursday for the St. Louis Blues.
They jumped out to a 3-0 lead over the Nashville Predators before the game was even 10 minutes old, on their way to a 4-2 victory. There’s competition in the city of St. Louis right now.
“We’ve beat the [stuffing] out of each other for two, three weeks,” Blues’ captain David Backes told NHL.com.
“It’s nice to finally play for keeps and finally play against a different opponent. You get the rah-rah stuff in before, you’ve got a lot of adrenaline going.
“The [St. Louis Cardinals] scored nine today [in a 9-1 victory against the Pittsburgh Pirates in the National League Division Series]. We were trying to keep up but couldn’t do it.”
Prior to the game, Brett Hull, the Blues’ new executive vice-president, was had the duty of dropping the puck in the ceremonial faceoff.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 27
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)