Oct 4, 2013, 1:12 AM EDT
It was a wildly quick start Thursday for the St. Louis Blues.
They jumped out to a 3-0 lead over the Nashville Predators before the game was even 10 minutes old, on their way to a 4-2 victory. There’s competition in the city of St. Louis right now.
“We’ve beat the [stuffing] out of each other for two, three weeks,” Blues’ captain David Backes told NHL.com.
“It’s nice to finally play for keeps and finally play against a different opponent. You get the rah-rah stuff in before, you’ve got a lot of adrenaline going.
“The [St. Louis Cardinals] scored nine today [in a 9-1 victory against the Pittsburgh Pirates in the National League Division Series]. We were trying to keep up but couldn’t do it.”
Prior to the game, Brett Hull, the Blues’ new executive vice-president, was had the duty of dropping the puck in the ceremonial faceoff.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 0
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 7
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)