Oct 4, 2013, 1:32 AM EDT
It’s one game, and the Canucks may already be dealing with an injury to one of their core players.
Earlier in the game, Burrows took a puck to the face as he sat in the crease of Vancouver’s net during a scramble. He remained in the game. He also blocked a shot with his leg during a 5-on-3 penalty kill, which could explain the limping.
Should Burrows be out for any considerable amount of time, it would require head coach John Tortorella to find another winger to play the right side on the top line with Henrik and Daniel Sedin.
Zack Kassian, who was slotted in to play that position when training camp opened, still has four more games left to serve in a five-game suspension from the pre-season.
Vlasic briefly left the game, but did return.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 15
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 66
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)