Oct 4, 2013, 1:32 AM EDT
It’s one game, and the Canucks may already be dealing with an injury to one of their core players.
Earlier in the game, Burrows took a puck to the face as he sat in the crease of Vancouver’s net during a scramble. He remained in the game. He also blocked a shot with his leg during a 5-on-3 penalty kill, which could explain the limping.
Should Burrows be out for any considerable amount of time, it would require head coach John Tortorella to find another winger to play the right side on the top line with Henrik and Daniel Sedin.
Zack Kassian, who was slotted in to play that position when training camp opened, still has four more games left to serve in a five-game suspension from the pre-season.
Vlasic briefly left the game, but did return.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39