Oct 4, 2013, 1:32 AM EDT
It’s one game, and the Canucks may already be dealing with an injury to one of their core players.
Earlier in the game, Burrows took a puck to the face as he sat in the crease of Vancouver’s net during a scramble. He remained in the game. He also blocked a shot with his leg during a 5-on-3 penalty kill, which could explain the limping.
Should Burrows be out for any considerable amount of time, it would require head coach John Tortorella to find another winger to play the right side on the top line with Henrik and Daniel Sedin.
Zack Kassian, who was slotted in to play that position when training camp opened, still has four more games left to serve in a five-game suspension from the pre-season.
Vlasic briefly left the game, but did return.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8