Oct 4, 2013, 1:32 AM EDT
It’s one game, and the Canucks may already be dealing with an injury to one of their core players.
Earlier in the game, Burrows took a puck to the face as he sat in the crease of Vancouver’s net during a scramble. He remained in the game. He also blocked a shot with his leg during a 5-on-3 penalty kill, which could explain the limping.
Should Burrows be out for any considerable amount of time, it would require head coach John Tortorella to find another winger to play the right side on the top line with Henrik and Daniel Sedin.
Zack Kassian, who was slotted in to play that position when training camp opened, still has four more games left to serve in a five-game suspension from the pre-season.
Vlasic briefly left the game, but did return.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 0
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 7
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)