Oct 4, 2013, 1:32 AM EDT
It’s one game, and the Canucks may already be dealing with an injury to one of their core players.
Earlier in the game, Burrows took a puck to the face as he sat in the crease of Vancouver’s net during a scramble. He remained in the game. He also blocked a shot with his leg during a 5-on-3 penalty kill, which could explain the limping.
Should Burrows be out for any considerable amount of time, it would require head coach John Tortorella to find another winger to play the right side on the top line with Henrik and Daniel Sedin.
Zack Kassian, who was slotted in to play that position when training camp opened, still has four more games left to serve in a five-game suspension from the pre-season.
Vlasic briefly left the game, but did return.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 9
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 55
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 22
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)