Oct 3, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Oh, this is getting good.
Shortly after getting fined $10,000 for Wednesday night’s heated altercation with Bruce Boudreau, Patrick Roy fired back at the Ducks head coach, accusing him of lying.
“What Boudreau said was all lies,” Roy told the Denver Post, in response to Boudreau’s accusations Roy was yelling at Anaheim’s players. “I don’t talk to players, I respect all the players.
“I’m certainly not going to get too involved in this one, but when you talk about classless — when you’re lying, this is classless.”
Following the game — a 6-1 Colorado victory — Boudreau told reporters Roy was chirping various Ducks players, and video replays showed him getting in an altercation with Corey Perry.
“I didn’t expect that,” Boudreau said. “It’s not our job to go back and forth with their players. All of a sudden, I told him, ‘That’s bull, that’s bush league,’ and he did what he did.
“(He’s) going to be in for a long year, if he’s going to yell at every player and yell at the refs at every stoppage of play. It’s not the way the game is played.”
Here’s the video so you can watch again, and again, and again…
In case you’re wondering, it does appear Roy has caught the attention of other NHL coaches as well. Here’s what Barry Trotz had to say to The Tennessean:
“I can tell you this, there’s no room for coaches yelling at opposition players in this league. That’s not professional and it shouldn’t be tolerated. I’d hate to see (St. Louis Rams coach) Jeff Fisher, who is a friend of mine, yapping at some football player, and he comes over and whacks him.
“There’s no place for that in the game, and I don’t think it should be tolerated at all. If you want to be professional, we’re the best league in the world, we’re the classiest league in the world, and we should act that way.”
May 25, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT
May 25, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
They’re expected to speak again before July 1.
May 25, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
“One bounce here or there, it’s a different story.”
May 25, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Made his NHL debut last season, appearing in 16 games.
May 25, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
He’s eligible to sign an extension this summer.
May 25, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
“Everyone involved with the ZSC Lions is so excited about seeing him play in Zurich.”
May 25, 2015, 12:44 PM EDT
This won’t quell the Kevin Bieksa trade speculation.
May 25, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
“A bigger guy, playing a power forward role.”
May 25, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
Featuring a whole lot of Dan Bylsma.
May 25, 2015, 11:26 AM EDT
Have the Bolts learned their lesson?
May 25, 2015, 10:05 AM EDT
He played just eight shifts in Sunday’s win.
May 25, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Wagner or Fleischman could draw in tonight.
May 25, 2015, 8:15 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
May 25, 2015, 12:00 AM EDT
Two sides to the coin in a shutout.
May 24, 2015, 10:33 PM EDT
Bolts take a 3-2 series to Tampa Bay.
May 24, 2015, 9:36 PM EDT
The Lightning are 7-0 when scoring the first goal in the playoffs.
May 24, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Degree of difficulty: high.
May 24, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Blocking shots can be a grind, too, after all.
May 24, 2015, 8:07 PM EDT
May 24, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
No clarification on what would qualify as “dramatic.”
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 13
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 66
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)