Oct 3, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Oh, this is getting good.
Shortly after getting fined $10,000 for Wednesday night’s heated altercation with Bruce Boudreau, Patrick Roy fired back at the Ducks head coach, accusing him of lying.
“What Boudreau said was all lies,” Roy told the Denver Post, in response to Boudreau’s accusations Roy was yelling at Anaheim’s players. “I don’t talk to players, I respect all the players.
“I’m certainly not going to get too involved in this one, but when you talk about classless — when you’re lying, this is classless.”
Following the game — a 6-1 Colorado victory — Boudreau told reporters Roy was chirping various Ducks players, and video replays showed him getting in an altercation with Corey Perry.
“I didn’t expect that,” Boudreau said. “It’s not our job to go back and forth with their players. All of a sudden, I told him, ‘That’s bull, that’s bush league,’ and he did what he did.
“(He’s) going to be in for a long year, if he’s going to yell at every player and yell at the refs at every stoppage of play. It’s not the way the game is played.”
Here’s the video so you can watch again, and again, and again…
In case you’re wondering, it does appear Roy has caught the attention of other NHL coaches as well. Here’s what Barry Trotz had to say to The Tennessean:
“I can tell you this, there’s no room for coaches yelling at opposition players in this league. That’s not professional and it shouldn’t be tolerated. I’d hate to see (St. Louis Rams coach) Jeff Fisher, who is a friend of mine, yapping at some football player, and he comes over and whacks him.
“There’s no place for that in the game, and I don’t think it should be tolerated at all. If you want to be professional, we’re the best league in the world, we’re the classiest league in the world, and we should act that way.”
Oct 31, 2014, 2:30 AM EDT
Rookie Jonathan Drouin played less than 10 minutes in the win.
Oct 31, 2014, 2:00 AM EDT
Not quite a fight.
Oct 31, 2014, 1:34 AM EDT
Michel Therrien “That was a dirty hit to the head”
Oct 31, 2014, 1:01 AM EDT
Canucks conclude October with a 7-3 record.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:40 AM EDT
Picked up his 1,000th point.
Oct 31, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
Scores twice in 5-0 win.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:26 PM EDT
Adds defensive depth.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:56 PM EDT
Allegedly endorsed a New York Islanders pay check to cover gambling debt
Oct 30, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
End an 0-18 skid.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
The play was reviewed and was ruled a good goal.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:17 PM EDT
Collided with Alex Steen of the Blues.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
Gets a lucky bounce off Zach Parise.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
Absent from tonight’s game against the Blackhawks.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Was slow to the bench, but remains in the game.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Recovering from a lower body injury.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Nice feed to Kunitz
Oct 30, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Two big boys land some pretty good shots.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
Abdominal injury hits the center once again.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
Adds depth as Toronto travels to Columbus.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:24 PM EDT
“I don’t know too many people who jump into the league at 19 (years old) and are playing 22 minutes a night, it just doesn’t really happen.”
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)