Oct 3, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Oh, this is getting good.
Shortly after getting fined $10,000 for Wednesday night’s heated altercation with Bruce Boudreau, Patrick Roy fired back at the Ducks head coach, accusing him of lying.
“What Boudreau said was all lies,” Roy told the Denver Post, in response to Boudreau’s accusations Roy was yelling at Anaheim’s players. “I don’t talk to players, I respect all the players.
“I’m certainly not going to get too involved in this one, but when you talk about classless — when you’re lying, this is classless.”
Following the game — a 6-1 Colorado victory — Boudreau told reporters Roy was chirping various Ducks players, and video replays showed him getting in an altercation with Corey Perry.
“I didn’t expect that,” Boudreau said. “It’s not our job to go back and forth with their players. All of a sudden, I told him, ‘That’s bull, that’s bush league,’ and he did what he did.
“(He’s) going to be in for a long year, if he’s going to yell at every player and yell at the refs at every stoppage of play. It’s not the way the game is played.”
Here’s the video so you can watch again, and again, and again…
In case you’re wondering, it does appear Roy has caught the attention of other NHL coaches as well. Here’s what Barry Trotz had to say to The Tennessean:
“I can tell you this, there’s no room for coaches yelling at opposition players in this league. That’s not professional and it shouldn’t be tolerated. I’d hate to see (St. Louis Rams coach) Jeff Fisher, who is a friend of mine, yapping at some football player, and he comes over and whacks him.
“There’s no place for that in the game, and I don’t think it should be tolerated at all. If you want to be professional, we’re the best league in the world, we’re the classiest league in the world, and we should act that way.”
Jul 29, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
The 24-year-old gives agreed to an entry-level deal.
Jul 29, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Will he live up to his next contract?
Jul 29, 2015, 6:27 PM EDT
“It really wasn’t about Dainius himself.”
Jul 29, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
His collection can be had for $5.7 million.
Jul 29, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
The contest will air on Dec. 31 while the Classic itself is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. ET on Jan. 1.
Jul 29, 2015, 2:28 PM EDT
Staying healthy would help, too.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:22 PM EDT
The Seal Beach Detention Center isn’t exactly Shawshank.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
“I relaxed down there and came back with the same attitude and everything kind of took care of itself.”
Jul 29, 2015, 12:34 PM EDT
Veteran forward had just four goals and six assists in 74 games last season.
Jul 29, 2015, 11:58 AM EDT
“So hopefully it’s nothing that keeps coming back.”
Jul 29, 2015, 11:09 AM EDT
Can he give the Oilers the goaltending they so badly need?
Jul 29, 2015, 10:21 AM EDT
The 26-year-old goalie is coming off a tough season.
Jul 29, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Spent last season with Lugano in the Swiss League.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Y’know, everyday stuff.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Jul 28, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Potentially a move to Switzerland, or the Czech League.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
Returning him to Rochester for a third time.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:39 PM EDT
Washington d-man is expected to miss the next two weeks of offseason training.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:26 PM EDT
Swiss winger came over from Calgary at last year’s deadline.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT
Nice payday after posting a career-high in goals this season.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 36
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)