Oct 3, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Oh, this is getting good.
Shortly after getting fined $10,000 for Wednesday night’s heated altercation with Bruce Boudreau, Patrick Roy fired back at the Ducks head coach, accusing him of lying.
“What Boudreau said was all lies,” Roy told the Denver Post, in response to Boudreau’s accusations Roy was yelling at Anaheim’s players. “I don’t talk to players, I respect all the players.
“I’m certainly not going to get too involved in this one, but when you talk about classless — when you’re lying, this is classless.”
Following the game — a 6-1 Colorado victory — Boudreau told reporters Roy was chirping various Ducks players, and video replays showed him getting in an altercation with Corey Perry.
“I didn’t expect that,” Boudreau said. “It’s not our job to go back and forth with their players. All of a sudden, I told him, ‘That’s bull, that’s bush league,’ and he did what he did.
“(He’s) going to be in for a long year, if he’s going to yell at every player and yell at the refs at every stoppage of play. It’s not the way the game is played.”
Here’s the video so you can watch again, and again, and again…
In case you’re wondering, it does appear Roy has caught the attention of other NHL coaches as well. Here’s what Barry Trotz had to say to The Tennessean:
“I can tell you this, there’s no room for coaches yelling at opposition players in this league. That’s not professional and it shouldn’t be tolerated. I’d hate to see (St. Louis Rams coach) Jeff Fisher, who is a friend of mine, yapping at some football player, and he comes over and whacks him.
“There’s no place for that in the game, and I don’t think it should be tolerated at all. If you want to be professional, we’re the best league in the world, we’re the classiest league in the world, and we should act that way.”
Mar 26, 2015, 8:41 PM EDT
Three goals allowed in 20 minutes by Detroit’s embattled starter.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:23 PM EDT
The Rangers forward felt encouraged by this latest step.
Mar 26, 2015, 7:03 PM EDT
He’s lining up with Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron to start.
Mar 26, 2015, 6:37 PM EDT
A Vladimir Tarasenko hit shook him up on Tuesday.
Mar 26, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Vermont power forward was the club’s third-round pick in 2011.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:56 PM EDT
Featuring Erik Karlsson, Marc Methot and a guest appearance from Curtis Lazar.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT
The 43-year-old has been a big influence on his young linemates.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:09 PM EDT
Granted, they have to make them first.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:44 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau continues to “experiment” on defense.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
“Hopefully we realize that, come together and allow this group to stay together.”
Mar 26, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT
An interesting comment from his agent.
Mar 26, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 26, 2015, 1:57 PM EDT
“We are all thinking the same way and going the same direction.”
Mar 26, 2015, 1:29 PM EDT
Mar 26, 2015, 1:16 PM EDT
Colgate standout inks deal, will report to team.
Mar 26, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Well, that clears it up.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:57 PM EDT
Was a Hobey Baker and Mike Richter Award finalist in 2014.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Click for the video explanation.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
“We will continue to monitor the situation closely and until the continuing legal process is completed, we will have no further comment.”
Mar 26, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
He was the club’s third-round pick at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 24
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (43)