Oct 3, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
Oh, this is getting good.
Shortly after getting fined $10,000 for Wednesday night’s heated altercation with Bruce Boudreau, Patrick Roy fired back at the Ducks head coach, accusing him of lying.
“What Boudreau said was all lies,” Roy told the Denver Post, in response to Boudreau’s accusations Roy was yelling at Anaheim’s players. “I don’t talk to players, I respect all the players.
“I’m certainly not going to get too involved in this one, but when you talk about classless — when you’re lying, this is classless.”
Following the game — a 6-1 Colorado victory — Boudreau told reporters Roy was chirping various Ducks players, and video replays showed him getting in an altercation with Corey Perry.
“I didn’t expect that,” Boudreau said. “It’s not our job to go back and forth with their players. All of a sudden, I told him, ‘That’s bull, that’s bush league,’ and he did what he did.
“(He’s) going to be in for a long year, if he’s going to yell at every player and yell at the refs at every stoppage of play. It’s not the way the game is played.”
Here’s the video so you can watch again, and again, and again…
In case you’re wondering, it does appear Roy has caught the attention of other NHL coaches as well. Here’s what Barry Trotz had to say to The Tennessean:
“I can tell you this, there’s no room for coaches yelling at opposition players in this league. That’s not professional and it shouldn’t be tolerated. I’d hate to see (St. Louis Rams coach) Jeff Fisher, who is a friend of mine, yapping at some football player, and he comes over and whacks him.
“There’s no place for that in the game, and I don’t think it should be tolerated at all. If you want to be professional, we’re the best league in the world, we’re the classiest league in the world, and we should act that way.”
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 18
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 83
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (83)