Oct 3, 2013, 6:51 PM EST
Just hours before puck drop on their season opener, the St. Louis Blues have learned that Brenden Morrow’s work visa has come through and he’ll be in the lineup tonight to take on Nashville.
Here’s the official word (with a thanks to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) from the Blues’ Twitter account:
— St. Louis Blues (@StLouisBlues) October 3, 2013
Morrow, 34, was in serious danger of missing tonight’s game. He’d applied for a green card in May through his wife (who is a U.S. citizen), but hadn’t heard back on where that process stood and, as such, was forced to apply for a temporary work visa — which as of Wednesday hadn’t come through.
“Obviously I’m worried,” Morrow told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “I’m going to be really disappointed if it doesn’t get worked out.”
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 0
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 7
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45