Oct 3, 2013, 11:24 PM EST
It wasn’t pretty. But it will look like it was a top corner beauty at the end of the season.
Florida Panthers’ rookie Aleksander Barkov, selected second overall in this summer’s NHL Draft, scored his first career goal Thursday night against the Dallas Stars.
The goal got the Panthers on even terms at two-goals apiece with the Stars just past the midway point of the third period.
The Panthers gained momentum from that, scoring twice more to earn a 4-2 win in Dallas. Tim Thomas earned the win in his first start, making 25 saves. His last victory came back on April 22, 2012.
Here’s a list of the previous youngest goalscorers:
||Score||Scorer and Team|
|18||32||10/19/1974||CHI 3 at STL 1||Grant Mulvey, Chicago|
|18||32||10/12/2006||PIT 6 at NYR 5||Jordan Staal, Pittsburgh|
|18||34||10/19/1997||SJ 3 at PHX 5||Patrick Marleau, San Jose|
|18||35||10/13/2010||NYI 1 at WSH 2||Nino Niederreiter, NY Islanders|
|18||37||10/08/1982||MIN 3 vs DET 3||Brian Bellows, Minnesota|
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 2
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 2
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8