Oct 3, 2013, 11:24 PM EDT
It wasn’t pretty. But it will look like it was a top corner beauty at the end of the season.
Florida Panthers’ rookie Aleksander Barkov, selected second overall in this summer’s NHL Draft, scored his first career goal Thursday night against the Dallas Stars.
The goal got the Panthers on even terms at two-goals apiece with the Stars just past the midway point of the third period.
The Panthers gained momentum from that, scoring twice more to earn a 4-2 win in Dallas. Tim Thomas earned the win in his first start, making 25 saves. His last victory came back on April 22, 2012.
Here’s a list of the previous youngest goalscorers:
||Score||Scorer and Team|
|18||32||10/19/1974||CHI 3 at STL 1||Grant Mulvey, Chicago|
|18||32||10/12/2006||PIT 6 at NYR 5||Jordan Staal, Pittsburgh|
|18||34||10/19/1997||SJ 3 at PHX 5||Patrick Marleau, San Jose|
|18||35||10/13/2010||NYI 1 at WSH 2||Nino Niederreiter, NY Islanders|
|18||37||10/08/1982||MIN 3 vs DET 3||Brian Bellows, Minnesota|
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18