Oct 3, 2013, 11:24 PM EDT
It wasn’t pretty. But it will look like it was a top corner beauty at the end of the season.
Florida Panthers’ rookie Aleksander Barkov, selected second overall in this summer’s NHL Draft, scored his first career goal Thursday night against the Dallas Stars.
The goal got the Panthers on even terms at two-goals apiece with the Stars just past the midway point of the third period.
The Panthers gained momentum from that, scoring twice more to earn a 4-2 win in Dallas. Tim Thomas earned the win in his first start, making 25 saves. His last victory came back on April 22, 2012.
Here’s a list of the previous youngest goalscorers:
||Score||Scorer and Team|
|18||32||10/19/1974||CHI 3 at STL 1||Grant Mulvey, Chicago|
|18||32||10/12/2006||PIT 6 at NYR 5||Jordan Staal, Pittsburgh|
|18||34||10/19/1997||SJ 3 at PHX 5||Patrick Marleau, San Jose|
|18||35||10/13/2010||NYI 1 at WSH 2||Nino Niederreiter, NY Islanders|
|18||37||10/08/1982||MIN 3 vs DET 3||Brian Bellows, Minnesota|
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31