Oct 3, 2013, 11:24 PM EDT
It wasn’t pretty. But it will look like it was a top corner beauty at the end of the season.
Florida Panthers’ rookie Aleksander Barkov, selected second overall in this summer’s NHL Draft, scored his first career goal Thursday night against the Dallas Stars.
The goal got the Panthers on even terms at two-goals apiece with the Stars just past the midway point of the third period.
The Panthers gained momentum from that, scoring twice more to earn a 4-2 win in Dallas. Tim Thomas earned the win in his first start, making 25 saves. His last victory came back on April 22, 2012.
Here’s a list of the previous youngest goalscorers:
||Score||Scorer and Team|
|18||32||10/19/1974||CHI 3 at STL 1||Grant Mulvey, Chicago|
|18||32||10/12/2006||PIT 6 at NYR 5||Jordan Staal, Pittsburgh|
|18||34||10/19/1997||SJ 3 at PHX 5||Patrick Marleau, San Jose|
|18||35||10/13/2010||NYI 1 at WSH 2||Nino Niederreiter, NY Islanders|
|18||37||10/08/1982||MIN 3 vs DET 3||Brian Bellows, Minnesota|
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 12
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 23
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 25
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 19
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 55
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6