Oct 3, 2013, 11:24 PM EST
It wasn’t pretty. But it will look like it was a top corner beauty at the end of the season.
Florida Panthers’ rookie Aleksander Barkov, selected second overall in this summer’s NHL Draft, scored his first career goal Thursday night against the Dallas Stars.
The goal got the Panthers on even terms at two-goals apiece with the Stars just past the midway point of the third period.
The Panthers gained momentum from that, scoring twice more to earn a 4-2 win in Dallas. Tim Thomas earned the win in his first start, making 25 saves. His last victory came back on April 22, 2012.
Here’s a list of the previous youngest goalscorers:
||Score||Scorer and Team|
|18||32||10/19/1974||CHI 3 at STL 1||Grant Mulvey, Chicago|
|18||32||10/12/2006||PIT 6 at NYR 5||Jordan Staal, Pittsburgh|
|18||34||10/19/1997||SJ 3 at PHX 5||Patrick Marleau, San Jose|
|18||35||10/13/2010||NYI 1 at WSH 2||Nino Niederreiter, NY Islanders|
|18||37||10/08/1982||MIN 3 vs DET 3||Brian Bellows, Minnesota|
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 1
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 11
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56