Oct 3, 2013, 10:14 PM EST
Another night in the National Hockey League, and more rough stuff. Just the third night into the season.
L.A. Kings forward Colin Fraser caught Minnesota Wild blue liner Keith Ballard with a hit-from-behind into the boards during the first period of Thursday’s game. Naturally, Ballard got up to his feet and challenged Fraser.
The two dropped the gloves, with Ballard earning the takedown. However, Ballard was cut open on the play. Fraser was assessed an extra minor penalty for boarding.
Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune reports Ballard’s cut may have been the result of a Fraser headbutt.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 64
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)