Oct 3, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
Another night in the National Hockey League, and more rough stuff. Just the third night into the season.
L.A. Kings forward Colin Fraser caught Minnesota Wild blue liner Keith Ballard with a hit-from-behind into the boards during the first period of Thursday’s game. Naturally, Ballard got up to his feet and challenged Fraser.
The two dropped the gloves, with Ballard earning the takedown. However, Ballard was cut open on the play. Fraser was assessed an extra minor penalty for boarding.
Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune reports Ballard’s cut may have been the result of a Fraser headbutt.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 51
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12