Oct 3, 2013, 10:14 PM EST
Another night in the National Hockey League, and more rough stuff. Just the third night into the season.
L.A. Kings forward Colin Fraser caught Minnesota Wild blue liner Keith Ballard with a hit-from-behind into the boards during the first period of Thursday’s game. Naturally, Ballard got up to his feet and challenged Fraser.
The two dropped the gloves, with Ballard earning the takedown. However, Ballard was cut open on the play. Fraser was assessed an extra minor penalty for boarding.
Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune reports Ballard’s cut may have been the result of a Fraser headbutt.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)