Oct 3, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
Another night in the National Hockey League, and more rough stuff. Just the third night into the season.
L.A. Kings forward Colin Fraser caught Minnesota Wild blue liner Keith Ballard with a hit-from-behind into the boards during the first period of Thursday’s game. Naturally, Ballard got up to his feet and challenged Fraser.
The two dropped the gloves, with Ballard earning the takedown. However, Ballard was cut open on the play. Fraser was assessed an extra minor penalty for boarding.
Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune reports Ballard’s cut may have been the result of a Fraser headbutt.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)