Oct 3, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
Another night in the National Hockey League, and more rough stuff. Just the third night into the season.
L.A. Kings forward Colin Fraser caught Minnesota Wild blue liner Keith Ballard with a hit-from-behind into the boards during the first period of Thursday’s game. Naturally, Ballard got up to his feet and challenged Fraser.
The two dropped the gloves, with Ballard earning the takedown. However, Ballard was cut open on the play. Fraser was assessed an extra minor penalty for boarding.
Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune reports Ballard’s cut may have been the result of a Fraser headbutt.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50