Oct 3, 2013, 12:57 AM EDT
Hey everyone, Patrick Roy is back in the National Hockey League.
The new head coach of the Colorado Avalanche declared his presence Wednesday night, thanks to a confrontation at the benches with Anaheim Ducks bench boss Bruce Boudreau at the end of the game.
The video below shows Roy, former Avalanche goalie and one of the greatest puck stoppers of all time, yelling and pointing at a player on the ice, before his attention turns to Boudreau.
Roy, who collected his first career win as an NHL head coach, bashed the glass with two hard shoves, as a melee at the bench ensued.
“A coach has no right to start yapping at players. I told him it’s bush league,” Boudreau said after the game, according to the Ducks official Twitter account.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)