Oct 3, 2013, 12:57 AM EDT
Hey everyone, Patrick Roy is back in the National Hockey League.
The new head coach of the Colorado Avalanche declared his presence Wednesday night, thanks to a confrontation at the benches with Anaheim Ducks bench boss Bruce Boudreau at the end of the game.
The video below shows Roy, former Avalanche goalie and one of the greatest puck stoppers of all time, yelling and pointing at a player on the ice, before his attention turns to Boudreau.
Roy, who collected his first career win as an NHL head coach, bashed the glass with two hard shoves, as a melee at the bench ensued.
“A coach has no right to start yapping at players. I told him it’s bush league,” Boudreau said after the game, according to the Ducks official Twitter account.
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 6
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)