Oct 3, 2013, 12:57 AM EST
Hey everyone, Patrick Roy is back in the National Hockey League.
The new head coach of the Colorado Avalanche declared his presence Wednesday night, thanks to a confrontation at the benches with Anaheim Ducks bench boss Bruce Boudreau at the end of the game.
The video below shows Roy, former Avalanche goalie and one of the greatest puck stoppers of all time, yelling and pointing at a player on the ice, before his attention turns to Boudreau.
Roy, who collected his first career win as an NHL head coach, bashed the glass with two hard shoves, as a melee at the bench ensued.
“A coach has no right to start yapping at players. I told him it’s bush league,” Boudreau said after the game, according to the Ducks official Twitter account.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)