Oct 3, 2013, 12:57 AM EDT
Hey everyone, Patrick Roy is back in the National Hockey League.
The new head coach of the Colorado Avalanche declared his presence Wednesday night, thanks to a confrontation at the benches with Anaheim Ducks bench boss Bruce Boudreau at the end of the game.
The video below shows Roy, former Avalanche goalie and one of the greatest puck stoppers of all time, yelling and pointing at a player on the ice, before his attention turns to Boudreau.
Roy, who collected his first career win as an NHL head coach, bashed the glass with two hard shoves, as a melee at the bench ensued.
“A coach has no right to start yapping at players. I told him it’s bush league,” Boudreau said after the game, according to the Ducks official Twitter account.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)