Oct 3, 2013, 9:50 AM EST
Colorado Avalanche coach Patrick Roy provided plenty of fireworks last night in his shouting outburst at Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau late in the team’s 6-1 win. Fortunately for him, it doesn’t sound like the league will take much action against him for it.
Sportsnet’s John Shannon reports the league will likely call Roy to discuss what went on but it’s expected he will not be fined for his actions.
If Roy sees any action taken against him, he’d be the second coach to face the wrath of the NHL for something they’ve done. Buffalo’s Ron Rolston was fined for his part in leaving enforcer John Scott on the ice during the Sabres-Maple Leafs melee during a preseason game.
Now we’ll have to wait and see what Roy will do for an encore. It might be a very fun season in Denver, win or lose.
UPDATE (1:03 p.m. ET)
According to a source of TVA’s Louis Jean, the NHL is indeed reviewing last night’s incident and claims a fine is “highly probable.”
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 5
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)