Oct 3, 2013, 3:05 PM EDT
Nashville with be without one of its brightest young prospects until at least next week.
Filip Forsberg, the 19-year-old forward acquired from Washington at last year’s deadline, won’t play in tonight’s season opener against St. Louis or Friday’s tilt against Colorado, The Tennessean reports.
Forsberg is dealing with a lower-body injury but has resumed practice, skating with the team on Wednesday.
The loss is a big one for Nashville, a team that struggled offensively last year and saw good things out of Forsberg during the preseason. He showed chemistry on a line with David Legwand and Gabriel Bourque, the latter praising the young Swede’s overall game.
“He is a kid who is really talented,” Bourque said. “He has come with the puck and made some great plays. He’s made some unreal passes. It’s hard to believe he’s only 19.”
The injury has forced Preds head coach Barry Trotz to jumble his lines for tonight’s game vs. the Blues. Bourque will likely play alongside Mike Fisher and Craig Smith on the second line, while Legwand will center the third line between Patric Hornqvist and Colin Wilson.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)