Oct 3, 2013, 3:05 PM EDT
Nashville with be without one of its brightest young prospects until at least next week.
Filip Forsberg, the 19-year-old forward acquired from Washington at last year’s deadline, won’t play in tonight’s season opener against St. Louis or Friday’s tilt against Colorado, The Tennessean reports.
Forsberg is dealing with a lower-body injury but has resumed practice, skating with the team on Wednesday.
The loss is a big one for Nashville, a team that struggled offensively last year and saw good things out of Forsberg during the preseason. He showed chemistry on a line with David Legwand and Gabriel Bourque, the latter praising the young Swede’s overall game.
“He is a kid who is really talented,” Bourque said. “He has come with the puck and made some great plays. He’s made some unreal passes. It’s hard to believe he’s only 19.”
The injury has forced Preds head coach Barry Trotz to jumble his lines for tonight’s game vs. the Blues. Bourque will likely play alongside Mike Fisher and Craig Smith on the second line, while Legwand will center the third line between Patric Hornqvist and Colin Wilson.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)