Oct 3, 2013, 11:44 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have signed forward Jason Pominville to a five-year contract extension that runs through the 2018-19 season.
Worth $28 million overall, the extension has a cap hit of $5.6 million.
From the press release announcing the signing:
Pominville, 30 (11/30/82), ranks tied for 19th in the NHL in assists (with Mikko Koivu) and 26th in scoring since the start of the 2007-08 season. He also ranks tied for ninth in the NHL with 530 games played since the start of the 2006-07 campaign. The 2012 NHL All-Star has recorded 465 points (189-276=465), including 43 power-play goals, 21 game-winning tallies, a plus-41 rating and 147 penalty minutes (PIM) in 588 regular season contests during nine seasons with Buffalo and Minnesota. The 2008 Lady Byng Memorial Trophy Finalist has added 28 points (12-16=28) in 47 career NHL playoff games. He also recorded five points (2-3=5) in seven games for Team USA, skating alongside Wild teammate Zach Parise at the 2008 IIHF World Championship.
Pominville was traded to the Wild from Buffalo in April. He had nine points in 10 regular-season games for Minnesota after the trade.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 13
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)