Oct 3, 2013, 11:44 AM EST
The Minnesota Wild have signed forward Jason Pominville to a five-year contract extension that runs through the 2018-19 season.
Worth $28 million overall, the extension has a cap hit of $5.6 million.
From the press release announcing the signing:
Pominville, 30 (11/30/82), ranks tied for 19th in the NHL in assists (with Mikko Koivu) and 26th in scoring since the start of the 2007-08 season. He also ranks tied for ninth in the NHL with 530 games played since the start of the 2006-07 campaign. The 2012 NHL All-Star has recorded 465 points (189-276=465), including 43 power-play goals, 21 game-winning tallies, a plus-41 rating and 147 penalty minutes (PIM) in 588 regular season contests during nine seasons with Buffalo and Minnesota. The 2008 Lady Byng Memorial Trophy Finalist has added 28 points (12-16=28) in 47 career NHL playoff games. He also recorded five points (2-3=5) in seven games for Team USA, skating alongside Wild teammate Zach Parise at the 2008 IIHF World Championship.
Pominville was traded to the Wild from Buffalo in April. He had nine points in 10 regular-season games for Minnesota after the trade.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 19
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 17
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)