Oct 3, 2013, 11:44 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have signed forward Jason Pominville to a five-year contract extension that runs through the 2018-19 season.
Worth $28 million overall, the extension has a cap hit of $5.6 million.
From the press release announcing the signing:
Pominville, 30 (11/30/82), ranks tied for 19th in the NHL in assists (with Mikko Koivu) and 26th in scoring since the start of the 2007-08 season. He also ranks tied for ninth in the NHL with 530 games played since the start of the 2006-07 campaign. The 2012 NHL All-Star has recorded 465 points (189-276=465), including 43 power-play goals, 21 game-winning tallies, a plus-41 rating and 147 penalty minutes (PIM) in 588 regular season contests during nine seasons with Buffalo and Minnesota. The 2008 Lady Byng Memorial Trophy Finalist has added 28 points (12-16=28) in 47 career NHL playoff games. He also recorded five points (2-3=5) in seven games for Team USA, skating alongside Wild teammate Zach Parise at the 2008 IIHF World Championship.
Pominville was traded to the Wild from Buffalo in April. He had nine points in 10 regular-season games for Minnesota after the trade.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)