Oct 3, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
Counting last night’s 2-1 loss in Detroit, Leino has played just nine games for the Sabres since the end of the 2011-12 season. The 29-year-old missed all but eight games of the 2013 campaign due to injury.
Sabres fans don’t need to be reminded that Leino is signed through 2016-17 at a cap hit of $4.5 million.
In his place, forward Johan Larsson, 21, is expected to be in the lineup tomorrow when the Sabres host Ottawa.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 15
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8