Oct 3, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Counting last night’s 2-1 loss in Detroit, Leino has played just nine games for the Sabres since the end of the 2011-12 season. The 29-year-old missed all but eight games of the 2013 campaign due to injury.
Sabres fans don’t need to be reminded that Leino is signed through 2016-17 at a cap hit of $4.5 million.
In his place, forward Johan Larsson, 21, is expected to be in the lineup tomorrow when the Sabres host Ottawa.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)