Oct 3, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Counting last night’s 2-1 loss in Detroit, Leino has played just nine games for the Sabres since the end of the 2011-12 season. The 29-year-old missed all but eight games of the 2013 campaign due to injury.
Sabres fans don’t need to be reminded that Leino is signed through 2016-17 at a cap hit of $4.5 million.
In his place, forward Johan Larsson, 21, is expected to be in the lineup tomorrow when the Sabres host Ottawa.
The Leino injury happened in the first period, RR said. Essentially played whole game with it.—
Mike Harrington (@BNHarrington) October 03, 2013
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes errant knee to head 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 1
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 30
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)