Oct 3, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Counting last night’s 2-1 loss in Detroit, Leino has played just nine games for the Sabres since the end of the 2011-12 season. The 29-year-old missed all but eight games of the 2013 campaign due to injury.
Sabres fans don’t need to be reminded that Leino is signed through 2016-17 at a cap hit of $4.5 million.
In his place, forward Johan Larsson, 21, is expected to be in the lineup tomorrow when the Sabres host Ottawa.
The Leino injury happened in the first period, RR said. Essentially played whole game with it.—
Mike Harrington (@BNHarrington) October 03, 2013
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (54)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (42)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)