Oct 3, 2013, 5:31 PM EST
Fraser’s twisted knee is expected to allow Maple Leafs prospect Morgan Rielly to make his NHL debut on Saturday versus Ottawa.
It’s not clear how long Fraser will be out; the big, tough 27-year-old has been seen on crutches after getting hurt in last night’s game in Philadelphia on a hit by Flyers forward Jay Rosehill (video).
Rielly, 19, was the fifth overall pick in the 2012 draft.
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 21
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 51
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 11
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Predators humiliate Leafs with 9-2 victory 34
- Video: Enroth makes diving save with his back 1
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)