Oct 3, 2013, 5:31 PM EDT
Fraser’s twisted knee is expected to allow Maple Leafs prospect Morgan Rielly to make his NHL debut on Saturday versus Ottawa.
It’s not clear how long Fraser will be out; the big, tough 27-year-old has been seen on crutches after getting hurt in last night’s game in Philadelphia on a hit by Flyers forward Jay Rosehill (video).
Rielly, 19, was the fifth overall pick in the 2012 draft.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 16
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)