Oct 3, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have signed Josh Morrissey, the club’s first-round pick (13th overall) at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft to an entry-level contract.
The deal, announced on Thursday, is a three-year pact with an average annual value of $1.425 million.
Morrissey, 18, is currently with WHL Price Albert. He’s a 6-foot, 185-pound defenseman that scored 47 points in 70 games for the Raiders last season.
He also represented Team Canada at the Ivan Hlinka and IIHF World U18 tournaments, and will be in line for a spot on the Canadian roster for this year’s Worlds.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 36
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 16
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 58
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1