Oct 3, 2013, 2:25 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets have signed Josh Morrissey, the club’s first-round pick (13th overall) at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft to an entry-level contract.
The deal, announced on Thursday, is a three-year pact with an average annual value of $1.425 million.
Morrissey, 18, is currently with WHL Price Albert. He’s a 6-foot, 185-pound defenseman that scored 47 points in 70 games for the Raiders last season.
He also represented Team Canada at the Ivan Hlinka and IIHF World U18 tournaments, and will be in line for a spot on the Canadian roster for this year’s Worlds.
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 7
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 19
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)