Oct 3, 2013, 2:25 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets have signed Josh Morrissey, the club’s first-round pick (13th overall) at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft to an entry-level contract.
The deal, announced on Thursday, is a three-year pact with an average annual value of $1.425 million.
Morrissey, 18, is currently with WHL Price Albert. He’s a 6-foot, 185-pound defenseman that scored 47 points in 70 games for the Raiders last season.
He also represented Team Canada at the Ivan Hlinka and IIHF World U18 tournaments, and will be in line for a spot on the Canadian roster for this year’s Worlds.
- Clarkson to have hearing for Sobotka headshot 0
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 68
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 86
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)