Oct 3, 2013, 2:25 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets have signed Josh Morrissey, the club’s first-round pick (13th overall) at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft to an entry-level contract.
The deal, announced on Thursday, is a three-year pact with an average annual value of $1.425 million.
Morrissey, 18, is currently with WHL Price Albert. He’s a 6-foot, 185-pound defenseman that scored 47 points in 70 games for the Raiders last season.
He also represented Team Canada at the Ivan Hlinka and IIHF World U18 tournaments, and will be in line for a spot on the Canadian roster for this year’s Worlds.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 29
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 46
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 16
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 32
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 49
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 48
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)