Oct 3, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have signed Josh Morrissey, the club’s first-round pick (13th overall) at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft to an entry-level contract.
The deal, announced on Thursday, is a three-year pact with an average annual value of $1.425 million.
Morrissey, 18, is currently with WHL Price Albert. He’s a 6-foot, 185-pound defenseman that scored 47 points in 70 games for the Raiders last season.
He also represented Team Canada at the Ivan Hlinka and IIHF World U18 tournaments, and will be in line for a spot on the Canadian roster for this year’s Worlds.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5