Oct 3, 2013, 12:05 PM EST
“Scott was sent back to Oshawa today,” general manager Paul Holmgren said, per CSN Philly. “We felt this was the right thing to do for Scott and for the Flyers as it relates to his development.”
Laughton was the 20th overall pick in 2012. The 19-year-old forward made the Flyers’ opening-day roster, but he did not play in the season opener last night, a 3-1 home loss to Toronto.
Laughton played five games for the Flyers last season before he was sent back to Oshawa, where he scored 56 points in 49 games.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 22
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11