Oct 3, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
“Scott was sent back to Oshawa today,” general manager Paul Holmgren said, per CSN Philly. “We felt this was the right thing to do for Scott and for the Flyers as it relates to his development.”
Laughton was the 20th overall pick in 2012. The 19-year-old forward made the Flyers’ opening-day roster, but he did not play in the season opener last night, a 3-1 home loss to Toronto.
Laughton played five games for the Flyers last season before he was sent back to Oshawa, where he scored 56 points in 49 games.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17