Oct 3, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
“Scott was sent back to Oshawa today,” general manager Paul Holmgren said, per CSN Philly. “We felt this was the right thing to do for Scott and for the Flyers as it relates to his development.”
Laughton was the 20th overall pick in 2012. The 19-year-old forward made the Flyers’ opening-day roster, but he did not play in the season opener last night, a 3-1 home loss to Toronto.
Laughton played five games for the Flyers last season before he was sent back to Oshawa, where he scored 56 points in 49 games.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22