Oct 3, 2013, 10:55 AM EST
From CSN New England:
He spent much of the offseason in Vancouver working out with Vancouver Giants strength and conditioning guru Ian Gallagher, along with fellow Giants alums Brendan Gallagher and Calgary Flames forward Lance Bouma. Lucic had to work feverishly to catch up to the other NHL guys in their regimented off-season workouts after he’d played so deep into the summer with the Stanley Cup Final rolling into deep June.
Lucic says he found offseason motivation in not wanting to disappoint people again. And for 2013-14, his coach is expecting big things.
“There’s no doubt he came in good shape [this year],” said Claude Julien. “He’s got a good focus. He’s a guy that’s been a leader on every team that he’s been on, so there’s no doubt he wants to be a good leader for our hockey club. He’s a guy that’s going to be very good for us this year. I’m very confident about that.”
Lucic, 25, had a tough regular season in 2013 — he was even a healthy scratch once in April — but he found his game in the playoffs, scoring seven times with 12 assists in 22 games as the B’s made it all the way to the Stanley Cup Final.
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 0
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)