Oct 3, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
From CSN New England:
He spent much of the offseason in Vancouver working out with Vancouver Giants strength and conditioning guru Ian Gallagher, along with fellow Giants alums Brendan Gallagher and Calgary Flames forward Lance Bouma. Lucic had to work feverishly to catch up to the other NHL guys in their regimented off-season workouts after he’d played so deep into the summer with the Stanley Cup Final rolling into deep June.
Lucic says he found offseason motivation in not wanting to disappoint people again. And for 2013-14, his coach is expecting big things.
“There’s no doubt he came in good shape [this year],” said Claude Julien. “He’s got a good focus. He’s a guy that’s been a leader on every team that he’s been on, so there’s no doubt he wants to be a good leader for our hockey club. He’s a guy that’s going to be very good for us this year. I’m very confident about that.”
Lucic, 25, had a tough regular season in 2013 — he was even a healthy scratch once in April — but he found his game in the playoffs, scoring seven times with 12 assists in 22 games as the B’s made it all the way to the Stanley Cup Final.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)