Oct 3, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
From CSN New England:
He spent much of the offseason in Vancouver working out with Vancouver Giants strength and conditioning guru Ian Gallagher, along with fellow Giants alums Brendan Gallagher and Calgary Flames forward Lance Bouma. Lucic had to work feverishly to catch up to the other NHL guys in their regimented off-season workouts after he’d played so deep into the summer with the Stanley Cup Final rolling into deep June.
Lucic says he found offseason motivation in not wanting to disappoint people again. And for 2013-14, his coach is expecting big things.
“There’s no doubt he came in good shape [this year],” said Claude Julien. “He’s got a good focus. He’s a guy that’s been a leader on every team that he’s been on, so there’s no doubt he wants to be a good leader for our hockey club. He’s a guy that’s going to be very good for us this year. I’m very confident about that.”
Lucic, 25, had a tough regular season in 2013 — he was even a healthy scratch once in April — but he found his game in the playoffs, scoring seven times with 12 assists in 22 games as the B’s made it all the way to the Stanley Cup Final.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 0
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 17
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (36)