Oct 3, 2013, 12:52 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils were the only team to lose a player to waivers today (Alexander Urbom, to Washington). The three other players who were available cleared, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Ben Eager, Scott Clemmensen, and Kevan Miller cleared Waivers. Wsh claims Alexander Urbom off Waivers from NJ. No one else on Waivers.—
Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) October 03, 2013
The Boston Bruins should be happy that defenseman Kevan Miller is still their property (we wrote about him yesterday).
As for Scott Clemmensen and Ben Eager, the Florida Panthers and Edmonton Oilers, respectively, may have been hoping the one-way contracts belonging to those two would become another team’s responsibility. (We wrote about those two yesterday as well.)
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8