Oct 2, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
Ryan O’Reilly was opportunistic and it worked out for him and the Colorado Avalanche.
O’Reilly took advantage of a terrible Francois Beauchemin giveaway – meant to be a pass into the middle of the ice – at the Ducks blue line, went in alone and buried a wrist shot past Viktor Fasth to open the scoring.
Things have gone from bad to worse. The Avalanche opened up a 4-0 lead after two periods, and rookie Nathan MacKinnon, the first overall pick in this year’s draft, recorded his first career NHL point, an assist on Jamie McGinn‘s goal.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 46
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)