Oct 2, 2013, 11:47 PM EDT
Ryan O’Reilly was opportunistic and it worked out for him and the Colorado Avalanche.
O’Reilly took advantage of a terrible Francois Beauchemin giveaway – meant to be a pass into the middle of the ice – at the Ducks blue line, went in alone and buried a wrist shot past Viktor Fasth to open the scoring.
Things have gone from bad to worse. The Avalanche opened up a 4-0 lead after two periods, and rookie Nathan MacKinnon, the first overall pick in this year’s draft, recorded his first career NHL point, an assist on Jamie McGinn‘s goal.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51