Oct 2, 2013, 10:12 PM EDT
With the debate about whether fighting belongs in hockey raging right now, it appears players aren’t at all reserved about dropping the gloves.
Schenn took exception to a hit Lupul threw on Flyers’ captain Claude Giroux, and the two adversaries engaged in a brief scrap as the puck appeared to be heading back up ice.
Already a polarizing topic in the sport, there has been, over these last 24 hours or so, widespread debate about fighting’s place in hockey.
Arguments and opinions from both sides have been flowing constantly since Montreal Canadiens enforcer George Parros was hospitalized following a fight with Maple Leafs tough guy Colton Orr last night.
Parros banged his head on the ice as he fell, and had to be taken off the ice on a stretcher.
Parros suffered a concussion, although it was reported he did not suffer any fractures and a CT scan was negative.
Arguments have ranged from eliminating the designated fighters from the game, and that a scrap initiated organically through the emotional events of a shift or a play or a game is acceptable.
On Wednesday, Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman called for game misconducts to those who fight.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)