Oct 2, 2013, 9:21 PM EST
It’s arguably the toughest shot in hockey to stop: the backhand.
And Detroit Red Wings veteran forward Pavel Datsyuk illustrated this perfectly tonight against the Buffalo Sabres. Datsyuk ripped a backhander from the hash marks to the top shelf, over the glove of Sabres goalie Ryan Miller
The goal put Detroit up 2-0.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 5
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15