Oct 2, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
It’s arguably the toughest shot in hockey to stop: the backhand.
And Detroit Red Wings veteran forward Pavel Datsyuk illustrated this perfectly tonight against the Buffalo Sabres. Datsyuk ripped a backhander from the hash marks to the top shelf, over the glove of Sabres goalie Ryan Miller
The goal put Detroit up 2-0.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5