Oct 2, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
It’s arguably the toughest shot in hockey to stop: the backhand.
And Detroit Red Wings veteran forward Pavel Datsyuk illustrated this perfectly tonight against the Buffalo Sabres. Datsyuk ripped a backhander from the hash marks to the top shelf, over the glove of Sabres goalie Ryan Miller
The goal put Detroit up 2-0.
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 8
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 31
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 43
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41