Oct 2, 2013, 11:07 AM EST
Mason, 25, is looking to resurrect his career in Philadelphia after the former rookie of the year fell on hard times in Columbus. He did, however, have good numbers with the Flyers after being traded from the Blue Jackets in April, going 4-2-0 with a .944 save percentage in six starts.
But Emery, 31, had the best overall 2013 regular season, going 17-1-0 with a .922 save percentage for the Blackhawks before backing up Corey Crawford for the entire playoffs.
CSN Philly has more on the Flyers’ goaltending situation.
The Flyers’ next game is Saturday in Montreal. They also play Sunday in Carolina, so don’t expect to wait long before seeing Emery.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 68
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 54
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 73
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)