Oct 2, 2013, 11:07 AM EDT
Mason, 25, is looking to resurrect his career in Philadelphia after the former rookie of the year fell on hard times in Columbus. He did, however, have good numbers with the Flyers after being traded from the Blue Jackets in April, going 4-2-0 with a .944 save percentage in six starts.
But Emery, 31, had the best overall 2013 regular season, going 17-1-0 with a .922 save percentage for the Blackhawks before backing up Corey Crawford for the entire playoffs.
CSN Philly has more on the Flyers’ goaltending situation.
The Flyers’ next game is Saturday in Montreal. They also play Sunday in Carolina, so don’t expect to wait long before seeing Emery.
In decision to start mason, laviolette cited his performance at end of last season as well as his strong camp.—
Sarah Baicker (@sbaickerCSN) October 02, 2013
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 5
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 24
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24