Oct 2, 2013, 11:07 AM EST
Mason, 25, is looking to resurrect his career in Philadelphia after the former rookie of the year fell on hard times in Columbus. He did, however, have good numbers with the Flyers after being traded from the Blue Jackets in April, going 4-2-0 with a .944 save percentage in six starts.
But Emery, 31, had the best overall 2013 regular season, going 17-1-0 with a .922 save percentage for the Blackhawks before backing up Corey Crawford for the entire playoffs.
CSN Philly has more on the Flyers’ goaltending situation.
The Flyers’ next game is Saturday in Montreal. They also play Sunday in Carolina, so don’t expect to wait long before seeing Emery.
In decision to start mason, laviolette cited his performance at end of last season as well as his strong camp.—
Sarah Baicker (@sbaickerCSN) October 02, 2013
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 83
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 58
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (83)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (58)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)