Oct 2, 2013, 11:07 AM EDT
Mason, 25, is looking to resurrect his career in Philadelphia after the former rookie of the year fell on hard times in Columbus. He did, however, have good numbers with the Flyers after being traded from the Blue Jackets in April, going 4-2-0 with a .944 save percentage in six starts.
But Emery, 31, had the best overall 2013 regular season, going 17-1-0 with a .922 save percentage for the Blackhawks before backing up Corey Crawford for the entire playoffs.
CSN Philly has more on the Flyers’ goaltending situation.
The Flyers’ next game is Saturday in Montreal. They also play Sunday in Carolina, so don’t expect to wait long before seeing Emery.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)