Oct 2, 2013, 11:07 AM EDT
Mason, 25, is looking to resurrect his career in Philadelphia after the former rookie of the year fell on hard times in Columbus. He did, however, have good numbers with the Flyers after being traded from the Blue Jackets in April, going 4-2-0 with a .944 save percentage in six starts.
But Emery, 31, had the best overall 2013 regular season, going 17-1-0 with a .922 save percentage for the Blackhawks before backing up Corey Crawford for the entire playoffs.
CSN Philly has more on the Flyers’ goaltending situation.
The Flyers’ next game is Saturday in Montreal. They also play Sunday in Carolina, so don’t expect to wait long before seeing Emery.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (145)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)