Oct 2, 2013, 9:37 PM EDT
It could be that one of the most fascinating characters, sought after sound bites and maligned goalies the National Hockey League has seen in recent years could be on his way to … the East Coast Hockey League.
According to reports, former Philadelphia Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov is close to signing with Las Vegas in the ECHL.
How the mighty have fallen, if this turns out to be true.
Bryzgalov, who turned 33 years of age this past June, played only two seasons with the Flyers after signing a nine-year, $51 million deal in 2011.
As a member of the Flyers, Bryzgalov won 52 regular season games in 99 games played. He struggled mightily last season, posting a 19-17-3-1 record.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 15
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 26
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)