Oct 2, 2013, 9:52 AM EDT
Last night saw one of the scarier incidents in hockey as Montreal’s George Parros was taken off on a stretcher after hitting his head on the ice after fighting Toronto’s Colton Orr. There is some good news to report, however.
The positive news is tempered by the fact he’s still injured with a concussion and the sight of him being carted off cast a pall on the excitement of opening night. For now, any good news on his condition is great to see after how frightening things appeared to be last night.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 19
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 45
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10