Oct 2, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
The New York Rangers will be without forward Carl Hagelin for at least the first 10 games of the regular season and while Hagelin hopes it won’t be more, he’s hesitant to put a timetable on his return.
“My shoulder feels good, it’s getting better and everything’s healed,” Hagelin told the Bergen Record. “I understand the process. I try not to think about it [a timetable].
“I’m just going day by day. I know it’s a long process.”
Hagelin, 25, underwent left shoulder surgery during the offseason and was placed on LTIR to start the year, ruling him out for essentially the first month of the season.
The Swedish speedster did report some positives, though. He said there’s no pain in the shoulder and has resumed doing all hockey-related activities aside from absorbing contact. What’s more, he’s in great shape thanks to a rigorous skating and conditioning program.
“Being in my best shape, my conditioning, it’s something I pride myself in,” he told the New York Daily News. “Right now, it feels light out there on the ice, in a way.
“It shouldn’t be a matter of getting into game shape [when I return] as much as just getting back into game habits.”
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 27
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)