Oct 2, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
The New York Rangers will be without forward Carl Hagelin for at least the first 10 games of the regular season and while Hagelin hopes it won’t be more, he’s hesitant to put a timetable on his return.
“My shoulder feels good, it’s getting better and everything’s healed,” Hagelin told the Bergen Record. “I understand the process. I try not to think about it [a timetable].
“I’m just going day by day. I know it’s a long process.”
Hagelin, 25, underwent left shoulder surgery during the offseason and was placed on LTIR to start the year, ruling him out for essentially the first month of the season.
The Swedish speedster did report some positives, though. He said there’s no pain in the shoulder and has resumed doing all hockey-related activities aside from absorbing contact. What’s more, he’s in great shape thanks to a rigorous skating and conditioning program.
“Being in my best shape, my conditioning, it’s something I pride myself in,” he told the New York Daily News. “Right now, it feels light out there on the ice, in a way.
“It shouldn’t be a matter of getting into game shape [when I return] as much as just getting back into game habits.”
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)