Oct 2, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
A pair of veteran NHLers are headed overseas after being released from their training camp PTOs.
Guillaume Latendresse, who was in camp with the Coyotes, has agreed to join the ZSC Lions of the Swiss National League A.
A big-bodied (6-foot-2, 240 pounds) power winger with skill, Latendresse scored 73 goals in his first 287 NHL contests, including 25 in 55 games for Minnesota in 2009-10.
He was derailed by hip, hernia and concussion issues from 2010-12, then signed a one-year, $2 million deal with Ottawa last season, chipping in with 10 points in 27 games.
While he looked good at times during the preseason, Phoenix didn’t make a contract offer and released him on Sept. 21.
Stewart, 28, is reportedly on the verge of signing with Avtomobilist of the KHL, according to Sports-Express. Stewart would (theoretically) replace another former NHLer, Eric Belanger, who left the Russian club after just seven games to announce his retirement.
Stewart has appeared in over 250 NHL contests with the Panthers, Thrashers and Hurricanes, last appearing in 2011-12 with Carolina (when he scored 20 points in 77 games).
The older brother of St. Louis’ Chris Stewart, Anthony split last season between Nottingham of the Elite Ice Hockey League (United Kingdom) and Los Angeles’ AHL affiliate in Manchester.
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 30
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 40
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 12
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (157)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)