Oct 2, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
Frolik scored two goals to help trigger the Winnipeg Jets’ come-from-behind 5-4 victory against the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday.
Both goals happened during a rally in which Winnipeg scored three unanswered goals to snatch the victory from Edmonton.
Here’s the first one:
The second tally was especially nice, as Eric Tangradi set him up with a nifty no-look backhand pass:
There were some tough moments for some of Edmonton’s younger pieces. Many threw Taylor Hall under the bus for a turnover, Nail Yakupov played less than two minutes in the second period and Devan Dubnyk suffered from an uneven night.
It all caps a staggering evening of scoring, as tonight’s three games combined for a whopping 26 goals. That, more than anything else, is good evidence that you shouldn’t assume that the rest of 2013-14 will be like opening night.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 47
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 24
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 39
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 30
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 40
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (53)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)