Oct 2, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
Frolik scored two goals to help trigger the Winnipeg Jets’ come-from-behind 5-4 victory against the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday.
Both goals happened during a rally in which Winnipeg scored three unanswered goals to snatch the victory from Edmonton.
Here’s the first one:
The second tally was especially nice, as Eric Tangradi set him up with a nifty no-look backhand pass:
There were some tough moments for some of Edmonton’s younger pieces. Many threw Taylor Hall under the bus for a turnover, Nail Yakupov played less than two minutes in the second period and Devan Dubnyk suffered from an uneven night.
It all caps a staggering evening of scoring, as tonight’s three games combined for a whopping 26 goals. That, more than anything else, is good evidence that you shouldn’t assume that the rest of 2013-14 will be like opening night.
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 0
- Video: Drouin scores first NHL goal, shows early chemistry with Stamkos 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 19
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)