Oct 2, 2013, 1:19 AM EST
Frolik scored two goals to help trigger the Winnipeg Jets’ come-from-behind 5-4 victory against the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday.
Both goals happened during a rally in which Winnipeg scored three unanswered goals to snatch the victory from Edmonton.
Here’s the first one:
The second tally was especially nice, as Eric Tangradi set him up with a nifty no-look backhand pass:
There were some tough moments for some of Edmonton’s younger pieces. Many threw Taylor Hall under the bus for a turnover, Nail Yakupov played less than two minutes in the second period and Devan Dubnyk suffered from an uneven night.
It all caps a staggering evening of scoring, as tonight’s three games combined for a whopping 26 goals. That, more than anything else, is good evidence that you shouldn’t assume that the rest of 2013-14 will be like opening night.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)