Oct 2, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
Frolik scored two goals to help trigger the Winnipeg Jets’ come-from-behind 5-4 victory against the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday.
Both goals happened during a rally in which Winnipeg scored three unanswered goals to snatch the victory from Edmonton.
Here’s the first one:
The second tally was especially nice, as Eric Tangradi set him up with a nifty no-look backhand pass:
There were some tough moments for some of Edmonton’s younger pieces. Many threw Taylor Hall under the bus for a turnover, Nail Yakupov played less than two minutes in the second period and Devan Dubnyk suffered from an uneven night.
It all caps a staggering evening of scoring, as tonight’s three games combined for a whopping 26 goals. That, more than anything else, is good evidence that you shouldn’t assume that the rest of 2013-14 will be like opening night.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)