Oct 2, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
Viktor Fasth is expected to be in Anaheim’s goal tonight for the Ducks’ season-opener versus the Avalanche in Denver.
According to Stephens, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau indicated Hiller would probably get the start Saturday in Minnesota. Anaheim ends its three-game, season-opening road trip Sunday in Winnipeg.
Anaheim’s goaltending situation could be an interesting one to watch in 2013-14. Hiller, 31, can become an unrestricted free agent next summer while 31-year-old Fasth — who came out of nowhere (actually, it was Sweden) last season to win his first eight starts with the Ducks — is signed through 2014-15.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 8
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 38
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)