Oct 2, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
Viktor Fasth is expected to be in Anaheim’s goal tonight for the Ducks’ season-opener versus the Avalanche in Denver.
According to Stephens, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau indicated Hiller would probably get the start Saturday in Minnesota. Anaheim ends its three-game, season-opening road trip Sunday in Winnipeg.
Anaheim’s goaltending situation could be an interesting one to watch in 2013-14. Hiller, 31, can become an unrestricted free agent next summer while 31-year-old Fasth — who came out of nowhere (actually, it was Sweden) last season to win his first eight starts with the Ducks — is signed through 2014-15.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)