Oct 2, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
Viktor Fasth is expected to be in Anaheim’s goal tonight for the Ducks’ season-opener versus the Avalanche in Denver.
According to Stephens, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau indicated Hiller would probably get the start Saturday in Minnesota. Anaheim ends its three-game, season-opening road trip Sunday in Winnipeg.
Anaheim’s goaltending situation could be an interesting one to watch in 2013-14. Hiller, 31, can become an unrestricted free agent next summer while 31-year-old Fasth — who came out of nowhere (actually, it was Sweden) last season to win his first eight starts with the Ducks — is signed through 2014-15.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 13
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 9
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 53
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1