Oct 2, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
Viktor Fasth is expected to be in Anaheim’s goal tonight for the Ducks’ season-opener versus the Avalanche in Denver.
According to Stephens, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau indicated Hiller would probably get the start Saturday in Minnesota. Anaheim ends its three-game, season-opening road trip Sunday in Winnipeg.
Anaheim’s goaltending situation could be an interesting one to watch in 2013-14. Hiller, 31, can become an unrestricted free agent next summer while 31-year-old Fasth — who came out of nowhere (actually, it was Sweden) last season to win his first eight starts with the Ducks — is signed through 2014-15.
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 0
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 42
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)