Oct 2, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
Viktor Fasth is expected to be in Anaheim’s goal tonight for the Ducks’ season-opener versus the Avalanche in Denver.
According to Stephens, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau indicated Hiller would probably get the start Saturday in Minnesota. Anaheim ends its three-game, season-opening road trip Sunday in Winnipeg.
Anaheim’s goaltending situation could be an interesting one to watch in 2013-14. Hiller, 31, can become an unrestricted free agent next summer while 31-year-old Fasth — who came out of nowhere (actually, it was Sweden) last season to win his first eight starts with the Ducks — is signed through 2014-15.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 24
- Mike Richards clears waivers 29
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)