Oct 2, 2013, 10:47 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs had a difficult opening to their regular season schedule, but that hasn’t seemed to faze them.
The Leafs won their second consecutive game in a back-to-back set on the road, thanks to a 3-1 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers on Wednesday.
- Goaltending controversy? Jonathan Bernier got the start in goal for the Leafs and was solid all throughout the night. He made 31 saves, including a penalty shot stop on Wayne Simmonds late in the second period. So, now who does Toronto’s coach Randy Carlyle turn to for the Leafs’ home opener on Saturday? James Reimer was solid Tuesday in Montreal, making 34 saves for the win.
- Leafs defenseman Mark Fraser injured his knee in the third period. According to TSN’s Mark Masters, Fraser was seen outside the Wells Fargo Center on crutches.
- If there was any reservation about fighting on behalf of the players, it didn’t really show Wednesday. Brayden Schenn of the Flyers dropped the gloves for a scrap Joffrey Lupul of the Leafs in the first period, roughly 24 hours after Canadiens enforcer George Parros was knocked out when he hit the ice face-first at the end of a fight.
- Dave Bolland‘s first goal as a Maple Leaf turned out to be the winner. He then added the insurance, scoring on a late power play with 23 seconds remaining in regulation and the Flyers trailing by a goal.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)