Oct 2, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT
According to Peter Chiarelli, getting Dennis Seidenberg signed to a new deal is pretty important.
Chiarelli said an extension for Seidenberg is a ‘pretty high’ priority for the Bruins, according to ESPN Boston — and, what’s more, Seidenberg feels a new deal could be completed soon.
The 32-year-old blueliner, who has been with the Bruins since 2010, will see his four-year, $13 million deal expire at season’s end. Seidenberg has been an important cog for Boston over the last few seasons, including the Stanley Cup-winning campaign of 2010-11 in which he tied a career-high with 32 points while averaging over 23 minutes a night.
Seidenberg was also a workhorse in last year’s playoffs, averaging 25:59 per game — second only to Zdeno Chara.
It’ll be interesting to see what Seidenberg will command money-wise with his new deal. His current $3.25 million cap hit is one of the league’s better bargains — considering how much and how big a role he plays — and he would likely be one of the more sought-after UFA defensemen should he go to market this summer.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)