Oct 2, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT
According to Peter Chiarelli, getting Dennis Seidenberg signed to a new deal is pretty important.
Chiarelli said an extension for Seidenberg is a ‘pretty high’ priority for the Bruins, according to ESPN Boston — and, what’s more, Seidenberg feels a new deal could be completed soon.
The 32-year-old blueliner, who has been with the Bruins since 2010, will see his four-year, $13 million deal expire at season’s end. Seidenberg has been an important cog for Boston over the last few seasons, including the Stanley Cup-winning campaign of 2010-11 in which he tied a career-high with 32 points while averaging over 23 minutes a night.
Seidenberg was also a workhorse in last year’s playoffs, averaging 25:59 per game — second only to Zdeno Chara.
It’ll be interesting to see what Seidenberg will command money-wise with his new deal. His current $3.25 million cap hit is one of the league’s better bargains — considering how much and how big a role he plays — and he would likely be one of the more sought-after UFA defensemen should he go to market this summer.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)