Oct 1, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
Pat LaFontaine began a new job with the NHL on Monday, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports. It’s unclear what his exact title is, though.
It appears that the former NHL star’s duties are as cloudy as his job description, as he’ll work in a “variety of capacities” for the likes of Brendan Shanahan and Bill Daly, according to McKenzie.
Regardless of the specifics, it’s rarely anything but delightful to see LaFontaine’s face pop up.
Unless, maybe, he starts making controversial suspension decisions instead of Shanahan one of these days …
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 0
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 24
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)