Oct 1, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Pat LaFontaine began a new job with the NHL on Monday, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports. It’s unclear what his exact title is, though.
It appears that the former NHL star’s duties are as cloudy as his job description, as he’ll work in a “variety of capacities” for the likes of Brendan Shanahan and Bill Daly, according to McKenzie.
Regardless of the specifics, it’s rarely anything but delightful to see LaFontaine’s face pop up.
Unless, maybe, he starts making controversial suspension decisions instead of Shanahan one of these days …
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)