Oct 1, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
Pat LaFontaine began a new job with the NHL on Monday, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports. It’s unclear what his exact title is, though.
It appears that the former NHL star’s duties are as cloudy as his job description, as he’ll work in a “variety of capacities” for the likes of Brendan Shanahan and Bill Daly, according to McKenzie.
Regardless of the specifics, it’s rarely anything but delightful to see LaFontaine’s face pop up.
Unless, maybe, he starts making controversial suspension decisions instead of Shanahan one of these days …
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (147)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)