Oct 1, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Pat LaFontaine began a new job with the NHL on Monday, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports. It’s unclear what his exact title is, though.
It appears that the former NHL star’s duties are as cloudy as his job description, as he’ll work in a “variety of capacities” for the likes of Brendan Shanahan and Bill Daly, according to McKenzie.
Regardless of the specifics, it’s rarely anything but delightful to see LaFontaine’s face pop up.
Unless, maybe, he starts making controversial suspension decisions instead of Shanahan one of these days …
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 4
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 12
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12