Oct 1, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
If there’s a theme, it’s that the box score argues in favor of Toronto’s dynamic offseason for at least one night:
- Fresh off that eight-year, $64 million extension signing, Phil Kessel made a nice pass to set up James van Riemsdyk for a power-play goal.
- Tyler Bozak didn’t score as many points as Mikhail Grabovski did tonight, but he still scored a goal.
- Nazem Kadri grabbed an assist on a Dion Phaneuf goal.
- Finally, bargain signing Mason Raymond scored the game-winner.
Montreal lost, but the Habs got a great night from Lars Eller, who scored two goals and an assist.
Understandably, fans are probably more concerned about Parros than they are about the loss or excited about Eller.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53