Oct 1, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
If there’s a theme, it’s that the box score argues in favor of Toronto’s dynamic offseason for at least one night:
- Fresh off that eight-year, $64 million extension signing, Phil Kessel made a nice pass to set up James van Riemsdyk for a power-play goal.
- Tyler Bozak didn’t score as many points as Mikhail Grabovski did tonight, but he still scored a goal.
- Nazem Kadri grabbed an assist on a Dion Phaneuf goal.
- Finally, bargain signing Mason Raymond scored the game-winner.
Montreal lost, but the Habs got a great night from Lars Eller, who scored two goals and an assist.
Understandably, fans are probably more concerned about Parros than they are about the loss or excited about Eller.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5