Oct 1, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
If there’s a theme, it’s that the box score argues in favor of Toronto’s dynamic offseason for at least one night:
- Fresh off that eight-year, $64 million extension signing, Phil Kessel made a nice pass to set up James van Riemsdyk for a power-play goal.
- Tyler Bozak didn’t score as many points as Mikhail Grabovski did tonight, but he still scored a goal.
- Nazem Kadri grabbed an assist on a Dion Phaneuf goal.
- Finally, bargain signing Mason Raymond scored the game-winner.
Montreal lost, but the Habs got a great night from Lars Eller, who scored two goals and an assist.
Understandably, fans are probably more concerned about Parros than they are about the loss or excited about Eller.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 30
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 35
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 80
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)