Oct 1, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
If there’s a theme, it’s that the box score argues in favor of Toronto’s dynamic offseason for at least one night:
- Fresh off that eight-year, $64 million extension signing, Phil Kessel made a nice pass to set up James van Riemsdyk for a power-play goal.
- Tyler Bozak didn’t score as many points as Mikhail Grabovski did tonight, but he still scored a goal.
- Nazem Kadri grabbed an assist on a Dion Phaneuf goal.
- Finally, bargain signing Mason Raymond scored the game-winner.
Montreal lost, but the Habs got a great night from Lars Eller, who scored two goals and an assist.
Understandably, fans are probably more concerned about Parros than they are about the loss or excited about Eller.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 0
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 20
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5