Oct 1, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
If there’s a theme, it’s that the box score argues in favor of Toronto’s dynamic offseason for at least one night:
- Fresh off that eight-year, $64 million extension signing, Phil Kessel made a nice pass to set up James van Riemsdyk for a power-play goal.
- Tyler Bozak didn’t score as many points as Mikhail Grabovski did tonight, but he still scored a goal.
- Nazem Kadri grabbed an assist on a Dion Phaneuf goal.
- Finally, bargain signing Mason Raymond scored the game-winner.
Montreal lost, but the Habs got a great night from Lars Eller, who scored two goals and an assist.
Understandably, fans are probably more concerned about Parros than they are about the loss or excited about Eller.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)