Oct 1, 2013, 6:25 PM EST
Blomqvist, 18, signed a deal that averages $608K per season, Wiebe reports.
The 6-foot-6 winger scored 33 points and collected 66 PIM in 59 games for the WHL’s Lethbridge Hurricanes and also played in two contests for them already this season.
At some point, he might add some serious beef to the mix in Winnipeg.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 5
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15