Oct 1, 2013, 6:25 PM EST
Blomqvist, 18, signed a deal that averages $608K per season, Wiebe reports.
The 6-foot-6 winger scored 33 points and collected 66 PIM in 59 games for the WHL’s Lethbridge Hurricanes and also played in two contests for them already this season.
At some point, he might add some serious beef to the mix in Winnipeg.
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 0
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 3
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16