Oct 1, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres winger Marcus Foligno will miss the team’s season opener on Wednesday and could also sit out their weekend games with an “upper-body strain.”
/Tries to catalog all the different things you can “strain” on your upper body, strains upper body.
Foligno, 22, became an NHL full-timer last season, scoring 18 points in 47 games. That’s not much more than the 13 points he scored in his first 14 contests in 2011-12, but his shooting percentage dropped from 26.1 percent to 9.1 as the sample size grew.
Let’s hope he can get back soon so he can score more goals like this one:
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54