Oct 1, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres winger Marcus Foligno will miss the team’s season opener on Wednesday and could also sit out their weekend games with an “upper-body strain.”
/Tries to catalog all the different things you can “strain” on your upper body, strains upper body.
Foligno, 22, became an NHL full-timer last season, scoring 18 points in 47 games. That’s not much more than the 13 points he scored in his first 14 contests in 2011-12, but his shooting percentage dropped from 26.1 percent to 9.1 as the sample size grew.
Let’s hope he can get back soon so he can score more goals like this one:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5