Oct 1, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres winger Marcus Foligno will miss the team’s season opener on Wednesday and could also sit out their weekend games with an “upper-body strain.”
/Tries to catalog all the different things you can “strain” on your upper body, strains upper body.
Foligno, 22, became an NHL full-timer last season, scoring 18 points in 47 games. That’s not much more than the 13 points he scored in his first 14 contests in 2011-12, but his shooting percentage dropped from 26.1 percent to 9.1 as the sample size grew.
Let’s hope he can get back soon so he can score more goals like this one:
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6