Oct 1, 2013, 7:38 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres winger Marcus Foligno will miss the team’s season opener on Wednesday and could also sit out their weekend games with an “upper-body strain.”
/Tries to catalog all the different things you can “strain” on your upper body, strains upper body.
Foligno, 22, became an NHL full-timer last season, scoring 18 points in 47 games. That’s not much more than the 13 points he scored in his first 14 contests in 2011-12, but his shooting percentage dropped from 26.1 percent to 9.1 as the sample size grew.
Let’s hope he can get back soon so he can score more goals like this one:
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54