Oct 1, 2013, 7:38 PM EST
Buffalo Sabres winger Marcus Foligno will miss the team’s season opener on Wednesday and could also sit out their weekend games with an “upper-body strain.”
/Tries to catalog all the different things you can “strain” on your upper body, strains upper body.
Foligno, 22, became an NHL full-timer last season, scoring 18 points in 47 games. That’s not much more than the 13 points he scored in his first 14 contests in 2011-12, but his shooting percentage dropped from 26.1 percent to 9.1 as the sample size grew.
Let’s hope he can get back soon so he can score more goals like this one:
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 3
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 21
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27