Oct 1, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks won their last game of last season and started off 2013-14 with a win, beating the Washington Capitals 6-4 on Tuesday.
Let’s discuss the contest.
- Is this the kind of night that makes you think that the Blackhawks will defend their title convincingly? It wasn’t just their star players; most of the roster looked dangerous, with Brandon Saad collecting three points.
- How do you feel about the two goalies’ work? Sure, goals allowed-wise, they didn’t look great, but that seems unfair to both Braden Holtby and Corey Crawford. Where do you rank them right now?
- He won’t score four points every night, but still; how many GMs feel a little silly about passing on Mikhail Grabovski after his hat trick + assist debut for Washington? You have no idea how happy that makes stats nerds feel.
- Speaking of Caps who looked dangerous Part II: Mike Green sure looked like vintage Mike Green, didn’t he? Could the Caps win their division if their offensive defenseman regains form?
- Caps who looked dangerous Part III: How many goals will Alex Ovechkin score in 2013-14?
- Finally, do you expect to see a lot of wide-open games this year? Tuesday’s first two contests were downright blistering.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 20
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)