Oct 1, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
In accordance with what New York Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault already said, captain Ryan Callahan backed up predictions that he won’t play in the team’s season opener against the Phoenix Coyotes Thursday, ESPN reports.
“I think Thursday’s a no-go,” Callahan said.
It’s unclear if Callahan, 28, will play in the Rangers’ second game (a road game against the Los Angeles Kings on Monday, Oct. 7).
There was some concern that the winger went back to wearing a yellow non-contact jersey on Tuesday, but Callahan insisted that he went “full contact.” Here’s a little more on that from ESPN, anyway:
Though Callahan knew when he saw the sweater in his dressing room stall that it would invite some questions, he explained that it was done so he and fellow injured player Carl Hagelin could practice together without confusion. Vigneault also said that the change held no special significance.
Jan 26, 2015, 8:35 PM EST
Expected to play Wednesday against the Leafs
Jan 26, 2015, 7:30 PM EST
He’s a repeat offender.
Jan 26, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
Teams have till noon eastern time Tuesday to place a claim on the forward.
Jan 26, 2015, 6:16 PM EST
The Avalanche are trying to claw their way into the playoffs.
Jan 26, 2015, 5:52 PM EST
Minnesota had three healthy goaltenders on its roster.
Jan 26, 2015, 4:59 PM EST
Who will play this week?
Jan 26, 2015, 4:22 PM EST
This might be the result of fighting in back-to-back games.
Jan 26, 2015, 3:31 PM EST
Will Mikhail Grabovski step up?
Jan 26, 2015, 3:12 PM EST
The post-All-Star Game portion of the season isn’t starting any better for Buffalo.
Jan 26, 2015, 2:21 PM EST
He’s been overseeing co-coaches Adam Oates and Scott Stevens.
Jan 26, 2015, 1:30 PM EST
He didn’t end up playing in the All-Star Game.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:31 PM EST
Remember, the club opted not to amnesty his contract last June.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:23 PM EST
Canucks will give Frank Corrado a chance to show what he can do.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:12 PM EST
Columbus’ star center is having a nice little run at the moment.
Jan 26, 2015, 12:05 PM EST
They also summoned Josh Anderson.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:23 AM EST
“Everybody felt like I just want a car to drive it.”
Jan 26, 2015, 10:55 AM EST
Ilya Kovalchuk deemed it a “worthy tournament,” though.
Jan 26, 2015, 9:51 AM EST
Including an intriguing game between the Islanders and Rangers.
Jan 26, 2015, 8:47 AM EST
Monday’s collection of links.
Jan 25, 2015, 9:49 PM EST
“We’re so proud of our city for showing that hockey is such a big deal here.”
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 15
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 110
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (111)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)