Sep 30, 2013, 4:07 PM EST
After practicing today, Philadelphia forward Jakub Voracek believes he’ll be in the Flyers’ opening-day lineup Wednesday at home to Toronto.
“Today’s practice, basically for the first time, I feel a little better every time I skate,” he said, per CSN Philly.
“If I feel the same way I felt today, I should be ready for Wednesday.”
Voracek hurt his lower back last week in a preseason game against the Devils. The 24-year-old led the Flyers with 22 goals in 2013.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 18
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 43
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)