Sep 30, 2013, 4:07 PM EDT
After practicing today, Philadelphia forward Jakub Voracek believes he’ll be in the Flyers’ opening-day lineup Wednesday at home to Toronto.
“Today’s practice, basically for the first time, I feel a little better every time I skate,” he said, per CSN Philly.
“If I feel the same way I felt today, I should be ready for Wednesday.”
Voracek hurt his lower back last week in a preseason game against the Devils. The 24-year-old led the Flyers with 22 goals in 2013.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 52
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39