Sep 30, 2013, 9:49 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks might be a little old and creaky at the top of their lineup (aside from a Logan Couture and a Brent Burns there), but the depths of their roster could be awfully green. At least to start the season.
Hertl is 19, Nieto is 20 and Hamilton is 21. Hertl might be the one to watch closest, as he was selected 17th overall in the 2012 NHL Draft. To some extent, injuries opened the door for this trio, but perhaps one or more can stick after being given a shot.
Stalock, 26, isn’t a spring chicken in net. Still, he only has three games at the NHL level on his resume, so he’s only experienced at lower levels.
The 2005 fourth-round pick expressed gratitude regarding the team’s patience in developing him.
“It’s been quite a four or five years,” Stalock said. “It’s amazing the way the organization stuck with me, and now giving me a chance to get back to where I was at a few years ago is pretty special, and I’m looking forward to it.”
San Jose’s counting on him, even if Antti Niemi carries a hefty workload for another season.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 10
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 16
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)