Sep 30, 2013, 9:49 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks might be a little old and creaky at the top of their lineup (aside from a Logan Couture and a Brent Burns there), but the depths of their roster could be awfully green. At least to start the season.
Hertl is 19, Nieto is 20 and Hamilton is 21. Hertl might be the one to watch closest, as he was selected 17th overall in the 2012 NHL Draft. To some extent, injuries opened the door for this trio, but perhaps one or more can stick after being given a shot.
Stalock, 26, isn’t a spring chicken in net. Still, he only has three games at the NHL level on his resume, so he’s only experienced at lower levels.
The 2005 fourth-round pick expressed gratitude regarding the team’s patience in developing him.
“It’s been quite a four or five years,” Stalock said. “It’s amazing the way the organization stuck with me, and now giving me a chance to get back to where I was at a few years ago is pretty special, and I’m looking forward to it.”
San Jose’s counting on him, even if Antti Niemi carries a hefty workload for another season.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 34
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)