Sep 30, 2013, 1:57 PM EDT
Both players had to clear waivers prior to their assignments.
Adam is on a two-way contract. The 23-year-old scored 10 times in 52 games for the Sabres in 2011-12, so his failure to gain a spot with the big club the past couple of years can be seen as a disappointment.
As for Suzler, the 29-year-old will make $725,000 this season, regardless of where he plays. If one of Christian Ehrhoff, Tyler Myers, Mike Weber, Henrik Tallinder, Mark Pysyk, Rasmus Ristolainen or Jamie McBain get hurt, he’ll be a candidate for a call-up.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63