Sep 30, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
It sounds like veteran defenseman Hal Gill has found a spot on the Philadelphia Flyers.
From CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio:
A trade also remains a possibility, perhaps one involving Andrej Meszaros.
Gill, 38, played 32 games last season for the Predators and came to Flyers camp on a tryout. A defensive specialist, his addition (if it happens) could help a team that struggled in its own end last season.
“As a team we need to make sure everyone is on the same page, that there is a commitment to defense,” Gill said, per CSN Philly. “That is what we worked a lot on [Sunday] and you saw that in practice. Making clean plays, being responsible defensively. When you do that, your offense and creating offense comes off that.”
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39