Sep 30, 2013, 3:03 PM EST
It sounds like veteran defenseman Hal Gill has found a spot on the Philadelphia Flyers.
From CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio:
A trade also remains a possibility, perhaps one involving Andrej Meszaros.
Gill, 38, played 32 games last season for the Predators and came to Flyers camp on a tryout. A defensive specialist, his addition (if it happens) could help a team that struggled in its own end last season.
“As a team we need to make sure everyone is on the same page, that there is a commitment to defense,” Gill said, per CSN Philly. “That is what we worked a lot on [Sunday] and you saw that in practice. Making clean plays, being responsible defensively. When you do that, your offense and creating offense comes off that.”
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8