Sep 30, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
It sounds like veteran defenseman Hal Gill has found a spot on the Philadelphia Flyers.
From CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio:
A trade also remains a possibility, perhaps one involving Andrej Meszaros.
Gill, 38, played 32 games last season for the Predators and came to Flyers camp on a tryout. A defensive specialist, his addition (if it happens) could help a team that struggled in its own end last season.
“As a team we need to make sure everyone is on the same page, that there is a commitment to defense,” Gill said, per CSN Philly. “That is what we worked a lot on [Sunday] and you saw that in practice. Making clean plays, being responsible defensively. When you do that, your offense and creating offense comes off that.”
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)