Sep 30, 2013, 11:20 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils placed Patrik Elias on the injured reserve Monday, but that doesn’t guarantee that he won’t play in the 2013-14 opener, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti and the Newark Star-Ledger’s Rich Chere.
Elias told Chere that his groin injury won’t stop him from suiting up on Thursday.
“The injury is gone,” Elias said. “I’ll be fine.”
The Devils have Mattias Tedenby on the non-roster/injury list, which gets New Jersey under the 23-man limit with Elias on the IR. If Elias indeed comes off on Wednesday, GM Lou Lamoriello will need to make a move to get them back to that mark.
It sounds like the 37-year-old might enter this season less than 100 percent, but his presence will certainly be appreciated.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54