Sep 29, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
One thing Ducks forward Andrew Cogliano has always had going for him is his speed. Apparently he’s got a little bit of skill thrown into the mix as well as he demonstrated to the San Jose Sharks.
At 10:27 of the first period of the Ducks’ 6-5 loss to the Sharks, Cogliano came blitzing into the Sharks zone and turned Scott Hannan inside out with a spin-o-rama-like move before falling on his stomach and one-handing the puck past Antti Niemi. Sound unbelievable? Seeing is believing.
Sure, preseason games don’t count in the standings but can we make sure goal of the year candidates can be had from them?
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)