Sep 29, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
One thing Ducks forward Andrew Cogliano has always had going for him is his speed. Apparently he’s got a little bit of skill thrown into the mix as well as he demonstrated to the San Jose Sharks.
At 10:27 of the first period of the Ducks’ 6-5 loss to the Sharks, Cogliano came blitzing into the Sharks zone and turned Scott Hannan inside out with a spin-o-rama-like move before falling on his stomach and one-handing the puck past Antti Niemi. Sound unbelievable? Seeing is believing.
Sure, preseason games don’t count in the standings but can we make sure goal of the year candidates can be had from them?
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63