Sep 29, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
One thing Ducks forward Andrew Cogliano has always had going for him is his speed. Apparently he’s got a little bit of skill thrown into the mix as well as he demonstrated to the San Jose Sharks.
At 10:27 of the first period of the Ducks’ 6-5 loss to the Sharks, Cogliano came blitzing into the Sharks zone and turned Scott Hannan inside out with a spin-o-rama-like move before falling on his stomach and one-handing the puck past Antti Niemi. Sound unbelievable? Seeing is believing.
Sure, preseason games don’t count in the standings but can we make sure goal of the year candidates can be had from them?
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36