Sep 29, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
One thing Ducks forward Andrew Cogliano has always had going for him is his speed. Apparently he’s got a little bit of skill thrown into the mix as well as he demonstrated to the San Jose Sharks.
At 10:27 of the first period of the Ducks’ 6-5 loss to the Sharks, Cogliano came blitzing into the Sharks zone and turned Scott Hannan inside out with a spin-o-rama-like move before falling on his stomach and one-handing the puck past Antti Niemi. Sound unbelievable? Seeing is believing.
Sure, preseason games don’t count in the standings but can we make sure goal of the year candidates can be had from them?
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 34
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 57
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)