Sep 29, 2013, 8:36 PM EST
Blame it on injuries or attribute it to a strong training camp, but either way, Simon Moser defied expectations by earning a roster spot with the Nashville Predators. A one-year, two-way contract came with it, according to his agent and TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Lavoie reports that it’s worth $550K at the NHL level.
The Predators might not have kept Moser around if Viktor Stalberg didn’t get sidelined for up to a month with a shoulder injury. Even so, some may argue that Moser is taking opportunities away from promising players such as prospect Taylor Beck.
On the Forecheck points out that Moser, 24, scored two goals and fired seven shots on goal in five preseason games. Moser scored 44 points in 35 games in Switzerland last season.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 56
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 30
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 60
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)