Sep 29, 2013, 8:36 PM EDT
Blame it on injuries or attribute it to a strong training camp, but either way, Simon Moser defied expectations by earning a roster spot with the Nashville Predators. A one-year, two-way contract came with it, according to his agent and TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Lavoie reports that it’s worth $550K at the NHL level.
The Predators might not have kept Moser around if Viktor Stalberg didn’t get sidelined for up to a month with a shoulder injury. Even so, some may argue that Moser is taking opportunities away from promising players such as prospect Taylor Beck.
On the Forecheck points out that Moser, 24, scored two goals and fired seven shots on goal in five preseason games. Moser scored 44 points in 35 games in Switzerland last season.
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 0
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 0
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 6
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 7
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 33
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)