Sep 29, 2013, 8:36 PM EDT
Blame it on injuries or attribute it to a strong training camp, but either way, Simon Moser defied expectations by earning a roster spot with the Nashville Predators. A one-year, two-way contract came with it, according to his agent and TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Lavoie reports that it’s worth $550K at the NHL level.
The Predators might not have kept Moser around if Viktor Stalberg didn’t get sidelined for up to a month with a shoulder injury. Even so, some may argue that Moser is taking opportunities away from promising players such as prospect Taylor Beck.
On the Forecheck points out that Moser, 24, scored two goals and fired seven shots on goal in five preseason games. Moser scored 44 points in 35 games in Switzerland last season.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (108)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (78)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)