Sep 29, 2013, 8:36 PM EST
Blame it on injuries or attribute it to a strong training camp, but either way, Simon Moser defied expectations by earning a roster spot with the Nashville Predators. A one-year, two-way contract came with it, according to his agent and TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Lavoie reports that it’s worth $550K at the NHL level.
The Predators might not have kept Moser around if Viktor Stalberg didn’t get sidelined for up to a month with a shoulder injury. Even so, some may argue that Moser is taking opportunities away from promising players such as prospect Taylor Beck.
On the Forecheck points out that Moser, 24, scored two goals and fired seven shots on goal in five preseason games. Moser scored 44 points in 35 games in Switzerland last season.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (68)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)