Sep 29, 2013, 8:36 PM EDT
Blame it on injuries or attribute it to a strong training camp, but either way, Simon Moser defied expectations by earning a roster spot with the Nashville Predators. A one-year, two-way contract came with it, according to his agent and TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Lavoie reports that it’s worth $550K at the NHL level.
The Predators might not have kept Moser around if Viktor Stalberg didn’t get sidelined for up to a month with a shoulder injury. Even so, some may argue that Moser is taking opportunities away from promising players such as prospect Taylor Beck.
On the Forecheck points out that Moser, 24, scored two goals and fired seven shots on goal in five preseason games. Moser scored 44 points in 35 games in Switzerland last season.
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 11
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 6
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 32
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)