Sep 29, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
Things aren’t starting in Nashville the way Viktor Stalberg had hoped they would.
Stalberg was signed by the Preds this summer as, perhaps, their biggest free agent acquisition. They’re hoping he eventually slots in as one of, if not their top, scoring wingers.
The team also sent down three players (Marek Mazanec, Taylor Beck, Joe Piskula) to get their roster down to 23 for opening night. One surprising player that’s apparently sticking with the team is Swiss forward camp invitee Simon Moser.
Getting Stalberg back can only help an offensive attack that’s sure to see some struggles without him.
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 0
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 7
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 6
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 19
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 36
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)