Sep 29, 2013, 11:43 AM EST
Things aren’t starting in Nashville the way Viktor Stalberg had hoped they would.
Stalberg was signed by the Preds this summer as, perhaps, their biggest free agent acquisition. They’re hoping he eventually slots in as one of, if not their top, scoring wingers.
The team also sent down three players (Marek Mazanec, Taylor Beck, Joe Piskula) to get their roster down to 23 for opening night. One surprising player that’s apparently sticking with the team is Swiss forward camp invitee Simon Moser.
Getting Stalberg back can only help an offensive attack that’s sure to see some struggles without him.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 43
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32