Sep 29, 2013, 11:43 AM EST
Things aren’t starting in Nashville the way Viktor Stalberg had hoped they would.
Stalberg was signed by the Preds this summer as, perhaps, their biggest free agent acquisition. They’re hoping he eventually slots in as one of, if not their top, scoring wingers.
The team also sent down three players (Marek Mazanec, Taylor Beck, Joe Piskula) to get their roster down to 23 for opening night. One surprising player that’s apparently sticking with the team is Swiss forward camp invitee Simon Moser.
Getting Stalberg back can only help an offensive attack that’s sure to see some struggles without him.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)