Sep 29, 2013, 11:43 AM EST
Things aren’t starting in Nashville the way Viktor Stalberg had hoped they would.
Stalberg was signed by the Preds this summer as, perhaps, their biggest free agent acquisition. They’re hoping he eventually slots in as one of, if not their top, scoring wingers.
The team also sent down three players (Marek Mazanec, Taylor Beck, Joe Piskula) to get their roster down to 23 for opening night. One surprising player that’s apparently sticking with the team is Swiss forward camp invitee Simon Moser.
Getting Stalberg back can only help an offensive attack that’s sure to see some struggles without him.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 8
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)