Sep 29, 2013, 11:35 PM EST
Sure, there must be some mixed feelings with being traded, but Mathieu Perreault told the OC Register’s Eric Stephens that he wasn’t shocked that the Washington Capitals traded him to the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday.
“I could kind of see it coming,” Perreault said. “I had a good time in Washington. It was fun while it lasted. Now I’m moving on.”
The 25-year-old center expects to practice with the Ducks on Tuesday, so it’s plausible that he might be able to suit up for Anaheim in its season opener on Wednesday.
“It’s kind of a weird situation I’ve never been in. I don’t know if I should be excited going to a new place or sad to leave D.C. It’s a little bit of both,” Perreault said. “I love D.C. This is the team that gave me my first chance. I have a bunch of good friends here but it was time for me to move on. I saw during training camp when they were trying a bunch of different guys in the middle that there wasn’t much room for me.”
He could find a bigger role in Anaheim while Washington clears space for Tom Wilson, so maybe everyone wins? Perreault doesn’t seem too broken up about it, at least.
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 10
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 26
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 23
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 31
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 30
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 32
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 58
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)