Sep 29, 2013, 11:35 PM EDT
Sure, there must be some mixed feelings with being traded, but Mathieu Perreault told the OC Register’s Eric Stephens that he wasn’t shocked that the Washington Capitals traded him to the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday.
“I could kind of see it coming,” Perreault said. “I had a good time in Washington. It was fun while it lasted. Now I’m moving on.”
The 25-year-old center expects to practice with the Ducks on Tuesday, so it’s plausible that he might be able to suit up for Anaheim in its season opener on Wednesday.
“It’s kind of a weird situation I’ve never been in. I don’t know if I should be excited going to a new place or sad to leave D.C. It’s a little bit of both,” Perreault said. “I love D.C. This is the team that gave me my first chance. I have a bunch of good friends here but it was time for me to move on. I saw during training camp when they were trying a bunch of different guys in the middle that there wasn’t much room for me.”
He could find a bigger role in Anaheim while Washington clears space for Tom Wilson, so maybe everyone wins? Perreault doesn’t seem too broken up about it, at least.
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 10
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 6
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 9
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 25
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)