Sep 29, 2013, 11:35 PM EDT
Sure, there must be some mixed feelings with being traded, but Mathieu Perreault told the OC Register’s Eric Stephens that he wasn’t shocked that the Washington Capitals traded him to the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday.
“I could kind of see it coming,” Perreault said. “I had a good time in Washington. It was fun while it lasted. Now I’m moving on.”
The 25-year-old center expects to practice with the Ducks on Tuesday, so it’s plausible that he might be able to suit up for Anaheim in its season opener on Wednesday.
“It’s kind of a weird situation I’ve never been in. I don’t know if I should be excited going to a new place or sad to leave D.C. It’s a little bit of both,” Perreault said. “I love D.C. This is the team that gave me my first chance. I have a bunch of good friends here but it was time for me to move on. I saw during training camp when they were trying a bunch of different guys in the middle that there wasn’t much room for me.”
He could find a bigger role in Anaheim while Washington clears space for Tom Wilson, so maybe everyone wins? Perreault doesn’t seem too broken up about it, at least.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 28
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 23
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)