Sep 29, 2013, 11:35 PM EDT
Sure, there must be some mixed feelings with being traded, but Mathieu Perreault told the OC Register’s Eric Stephens that he wasn’t shocked that the Washington Capitals traded him to the Anaheim Ducks on Sunday.
“I could kind of see it coming,” Perreault said. “I had a good time in Washington. It was fun while it lasted. Now I’m moving on.”
The 25-year-old center expects to practice with the Ducks on Tuesday, so it’s plausible that he might be able to suit up for Anaheim in its season opener on Wednesday.
“It’s kind of a weird situation I’ve never been in. I don’t know if I should be excited going to a new place or sad to leave D.C. It’s a little bit of both,” Perreault said. “I love D.C. This is the team that gave me my first chance. I have a bunch of good friends here but it was time for me to move on. I saw during training camp when they were trying a bunch of different guys in the middle that there wasn’t much room for me.”
He could find a bigger role in Anaheim while Washington clears space for Tom Wilson, so maybe everyone wins? Perreault doesn’t seem too broken up about it, at least.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)